1. Bitcoin was the world’s first decentralized digital currency. It was created in 2009 by an anonymous person, or group of people, under the alias of Satoshi Nakamoto.
2. Transactions with Bitcoin are confirmed by a global network of computers and are recorded in a public ledger known as the blockchain.
3. Bitcoin isn’t tied to any country or subject to any regulations, making it a decentralized and global digital currency.
4. Bitcoin has a finite supply of 21 million coins, meaning that once all of them are mined, no more can be created.
5. In 2017, the bitcoin price went from around $1,000 to over $20,000 in just one year.
6. Bitcoin can be used to purchase goods and services from a growing number of merchants and websites.
7. Bitcoin has been adopted by a number of large companies, such as Microsoft and Overstock, which accept it as a form of payment.
8. Bitcoin is increasingly becoming a form of digital gold, as it has become a popular asset for investors looking for an alternative to fiat currencies.